Looking for a full-time Junior Estimator for a commercial General Contractor, with offices in Annapolis and Reisterstown, Maryland.
Duties and Job Requirements include:
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering, construction science, or construction management is preferred, but not mandatory.
• Estimating experience preferred, but not required.
• Must be highly organized and have strong attention to detail.
• Will work under direction of Preconstruction Director, and/or Estimator(s), Project Manager(s).
• Must have the ability to work on multiple projects with different deadlines simultaneously.
• Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel.
• Experience with On Screen Takeoff by OnCenter Software, or Blue Beam is preferred, but not required.
• Will be charged with the responsibility of:
o Reviewing bid documents like plans, specifications, geotechnical reports, etc.
o Preparing scopes of work for specific trades.
o Monitoring subcontractor bid list and following up with subs that do not respond to invitation to bid that have been sent out.
o Completing quantity takeoff for assigned trade responsibilities using OnScreen Takeoff or Blue Beam software.
o Gather and analyze subcontractor bids on bid day, and enter pricing/scope data into spread sheets for bid/scope comparison.
• Health insurance
• Paid holidays
• Paid vacation
No phone calls, please.