Are you a construction management, engineering or business major looking for a rewarding summer internship experience? Chesapeake Contracting Group is the ideal place to grow and learn from the best in the construction industry. Many of our interns work with us for multiple summers while earning their college degree, then go on to join our team after graduation.
E - Experiencing the construction industry
D - Develop skills and knowledge
G - Grow professionally and personally
E - Explore a network of construction professionals
The goal of this internship program is to provide students with opportunities that will provide real life experiences to help supplement their academic knowledge with practical experience. An in-depth look at our industry will give students the chance to broaden their skills while growing professionally and personally.
By immersing students in all aspects of our industry, our Interns gain professional, technical, and social skills by participating in the company’s day-to-day operations. You will get real, hands-on experience by taking on job roles such as estimating, field supervision, and project management by working alongside professionals in their respective positions. You will also become certified in Procore Construction Management Software and other technology used in the industry.
CCG is currently accepting applications for the Summer 2022 EDGE program.
Required For Success
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program with an accredited university, majoring in Civil or Construction Engineering, Construction Management or a related field.
- Rising Sophomore or above with a minimum 3.0 GPA Overall
- Available to work full-time over a 10-12 week period during the summer
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Possess demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills, and be able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team-oriented mentality and acceptance of responsibility for project completion
- Reliable transportation and willingness to travel to various job sites
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
- Strong organization and time-management skills
Equal Opportunity Employer