The Estimator analyzes all project documents to determine the overall estimated cost of a project. Estimators gather, calculate and compile data to produce construction cost estimates for competitive bid proposals in a timely manner. The Estimator is also required to perform a thorough and detailed turnover of awarded projects to the project management team.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Reviewing bid documents (plans, specifications, geotechnical reports, etc.)
- Preparing scopes of work for specific trades.
- Completing quantity takeoff for assigned trade responsibilities using OnScreen Takeoff software.
- Monitoring project bid list(s) and communicating with our trade partners to ensure coverage.
- Gathering and analyzing subcontractor bids on bid day, and entering price/scope data into spreadsheets for bid/scope comparison.
Required For Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related field preferred, but not required.
- 3+ years’ relevant work experience – ideally in commercial construction or with estimating and managing self-performed work activities and subcontracted work.
- Strong problem solving, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Keen attention to detail
- Must have the ability to work on multiple projects with different deadlines simultaneously.
- Proficient with office productivity software, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with estimation software, such as On Screen Takeoff and Blue Beam is helpful, but not required.
About Chesapeake Contracting Group
Chesapeake Contracting Group, Inc. is a privately held, award-winning commercial general contractor. For over 40 years, we have gone beyond construction delivery services by offering creative planning and solutions from project concept to completion. Our expertise encompasses automotive dealerships, retail, mixed-use, restaurants, mid-rise office and medical buildings, flex-space, warehouses, and tenant fit-outs.
Our employees are dedicated individuals with a great work ethic who are committed to improving and growing every part of their area of responsibility. Our employees are skilled, confident, and career-oriented individuals who thrive on the challenge of constantly learning and sharing ideas. They are driven by our mission to be the very best contractor in the region.
Equal Opportunity Employer