The Project Engineer manages, evaluates and assesses information necessary to construct the project on time, within budget and to the quality specified by the contract documents. The Engineer is the individual on the project responsible for building the overall project “on paper”. Project Engineers work under the leadership of Project Managers and provide mentoring and coaching to Project Coordinators and Interns.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Acts as liaison with Architects, Subcontractors, Consultants, Suppliers, Inspectors and other partners in resolving issues related to plans and specifications.
- Oversee and make decisions related to contract drawings and subcontract information. Ensure that all drawings and specifications properly relate to the estimate.
- Manage submittals and shop drawings. Assess conformance to contract specifications and resolve any conflicts in interpretation.
- Negotiate and request change orders. Manage information related to changes in the work, prepare an independent analysis, obtain and check estimates for the changes from subcontractor; resolve any conflicts.
- Overseeing the close-out process. Preparing final records for the project such as Requests for Information (RFI's), close-out records, warranties, as-builts, Operations and Maintenance manuals (O&Ms), and evaluating information to insure compliance with contract documents.
- Prepare Scope of Work documents for trades and develop reports related to all aspects of the project.
- Schedule and attend relevant meetings, such as subcontractor trade coordination meetings, preconstruction meetings, submittal review, etc.
Required For Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years’ relevant work experience – ideally in commercial construction or with estimating and managing self-performed work activities and subcontracted work.
- Strong problem solving, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Proficient with office productivity software, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, or other project management solutions.
- OSHA 10, CPR and First Aid Certification required upon hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer