The Superintendent manages all functions of the jobsite as it relates to commercial construction while providing excellent customer service. This hands-on problem solver is responsible for overall onsite management of the project from inception to final acceptance, including all onsite planning, organization, and control of the work in the field. The Superintendent provides supervision and coordination of subcontractors and other partners while ensuring safe conditions on construction job sites. We rely on our Superintendents to work closely with project managers and engineers to form an effective leadership team for our clients.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Maintain the production schedule and ensure the proper sequencing of construction activities such that consultants and subcontractors can operate profitably and efficiently.
- Coordinate materials deliveries and site inspections.
- Monitor the work of subcontractors, laborers, and other partners to ensure compliance with relevant laws, protection of the company from risk, and the compliance with established budgets and deadlines.
- Participate in weekly/bi-weekly progress meetings with PM's/owner/architect/engineers.
- Complete required documentation of project progression.
- Maintain high quality control while implementing good construction safety practices with all on-site activity.
- Manage on-site assigned personnel, providing a positive work environment for professional and personal growth.
Required For Success
- 5+ years commercial construction experience, ideally as a Superintendent or in a similar position. Knowledgeable with the most common construction trades.
- Proficient with reading, understanding, and interpreting plans, specifications, drawings, contracts, and other documents.
- Familiarity with construction management and office productivity software, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Procore, Timberline, or other web-based or mobile document and project management solutions.
- Able to interact and communicate professionally with all parties associated with the project. Effectively resolve or escalate issues with subcontractors and other third parties in a timely manner.
- OSHA 30, First Aid, & CPR Certification required upon hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer