Chesapeake Contracting Group Creates Unique Holiday Giving Campaign This Year that Benefits Employees and Local Nonprofits
For those in need, the colder months and lingering negative effects of COVID-19 have created even greater need for many community members this holiday season. Chesapeake Contracting Group (CCG), one of the region’s premier general contractors, has embarked on a new holiday giving campaign aimed at helping nonprofits while also allowing employees a way in which to give back to their own local communities. CCG will donate $1,000 to 12 local food banks located in areas where employees live. CCG employees can also choose to support or volunteer with their local organization during the holiday season. In addition, CCG created a matching program so that any additional donations made by employees will be matched, dollar for dollar, for each organization.
The list of Food Banks to receive funds include:
1. MD Food Bank, Baltimore City
2. City of Frederick MD Food Bank
3. Howard County Food Bank
4. Carroll County Food Sunday, Westminster
5. Anne Arundel County Food & Resource Bank
6. Dulles South Food Pantry, Virginia
7. Manna Food Center, Montgomery County
8. Southern MD Food Bank - St. Mary's County
9. The Community Action Food Pantry and Food Bank - Harford County
10. York County Food Bank, York, PA
11. Community Crisis Center, Baltimore County
12. Capitol Region Food Bank, Washington, DC
“This year has been even more difficult for those in need and we wanted to offer a way to give back while also supporting our employees and the communities where they live. This way, employees can help those in their own backyards and find more personal meaning in holiday giving. We’re proud to also incorporate a matching program so we are able to further support these charities,” said Bobby Ginsberg, CEO.