The Project Manager (PM) develops, coordinates, implements, and manages all facets necessary to construct the project on time, within budget, and to the quality specified. The PM provides leadership and serves as the liaison between project team members and external partners to promote the interest of both the business and its customers in all matters. The PM is the primary leader for the construction project and reports to a Project Executive.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Establish, define and promote values, expectations, and performance standards for team and external partners in accordance with the Company’s mission, vision, and values.
- Facilitate construction start through project closing as a liaison with the owners of assigned tasks.
- Organize necessary resources, including people, materials, equipment, tools, and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Create and maintain the production schedule and ensure the proper sequencing of construction activities such that consultants and subcontractors can operate profitably and efficiently.
- Manage budget and financial reporting, interpret and analyze reports to ensure adherence to project budget. Complete required documentation of project progression.
- Conduct weekly/bi-weekly progress meetings with PM's/owner/architect/engineers.
- Lead, coach, train and develop team members and maintain a positive working environment for the entire project team.
Required For Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in ground-up commercial construction, preferably as Project Manager, or Site Manager with a general contractor on negotiated or hard bid projects. Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to calmly and professionally resolve or escalate issues with clients, subcontractors, and other third parties in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills along with keen attention to detail.
- Proficient with construction management and office productivity software, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Procore, Timberline, or other web-based or mobile document and project management solutions.
- Professional designations such as CCM, PMP, CEP, and LEED Accredited Professional Status are encouraged.
- OSHA 30, CPR and First Aid Certification required upon hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer