- How did you get into the construction industry?
- I started my studies with the goal of becoming an Architect but that changed just before graduating college and I started my career with a GC as a project engineer. I quickly transitioned into a project manager position and about 4 years ago, started working with the preconstruction/estimating department. I love working with people and processes.
- What do you like most about being a Senior Estimator?
- I am a process driven and task-oriented person. I like to know how things work and fit together. I like to believe my experience in the Operations Department makes me a better estimator. I know how important it is to set a job up in preconstruction and how it can define the success of a project. I not only want to see the project be successful, but I will do what I can to allow my fellow associates to be successful and enjoy the work they do.
- Every job, owner, team, etc can be different and that makes it exciting and challenging. The construction industry continues to change and evolve so there are always opportunities to learn and be innovative. I feel CCG is creating an environment that allows its associates to be a part of this growth, to ask questions and to move forward with the industry.
- You recently joined the CCG team, what do you like the most about Chesapeake so far?
- Everyone is approachable and collaborative. I appreciate how the different departments work together to lead and turnover a project. I also appreciate the PE rotation as I believe it is important to understand how and why each of the departments do what they do.
- I want to work for a company that not only cares about my growth as an employee but my growth and well being in my personal life. I feel that the CCG does that.
- What do you enjoy doing when you’re not at work?
- I enjoy working out. However, I am not a fan of jump rope, so I tend to skip it and yoga is a stretch for me.Just kidding, my workouts consist of me chasing my four kids around and bending over 100 times a day to pick up their toys and all the food they drop on the floor. They are the reason for the smile on my face each day. I have two boys and two girls.
- I love camping, hiking and just being outside. Camping is always on my must do list each year. The most memorable camping trip I have done is backpacking in the boundary waters while I was mid-way through my first pregnancy. I got out of lugging the canoe around (being pregnant and all) and it was fantastic lol!
- I also enjoying baking and of course the part where I get to eat it too. I have a super-secret baking recipe for bread. Unfortunately, its on a knead to dough basis. 😊
Recently Completed: Porsche Hunt Valley Celebrates Grand Opening
Porsche Hunt Valley held its grand opening last week. Over 200 people gathered together to celebrate and tour the newly...
Safety: Recognizing Denny Little and Adriano Sosa
Over the last year, we have had two different occasions where our field staff’s actions have helped to save the lives of our...